Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Little Bundle of Joy


She is officially 6 months old... Wow, how the time has flown by! 6 more months and we will be celebrating her 1st birthday!
This picture was taken last week 10/9. It is starting to get cold out. I couldn't resist I had to take a picture she looked soo cute! Alyshia laughed at me, while she held Madi up to pose her for the picture, because when I handed her to Alyshia asking her to hold Madi for a sec while I ran into the other room to grab my stuff, she made a bet with Madi that I would be back with a camera. Am I that predictable?
She is getting so fun, and I am noticing that she is quite active! When I see other babies that are here age I notice that they are much more mellow, not Madi, she is always rocking back and forth, or jumping up and down, or grabbing something, and what not. I already love her personality though. I don't know if I am going to anticipate her walking, I am sure that she won't walk, she will probably run!
So, November 5th Madi and I will be moving into our new apartment, I am getting so excited. It will be tough though not owning my own home, but that is probably a pride issue, so I just need to get over it. It will feel great to sleep in my bed again. Maybe once we are all settled in I will get some much needed rest. I was thinking last night that I just have a ton of stuff on my mind lately, so even though I am exhausted when I go to bed at night my mind is still racing a hundred miles an hour. So I am praying for peace.
I never would have imagined that I would be here... Everything in life has just taken so many major shifts this year. I know that I have grown immensely through it all though. I don't think that I gave myself enough credit, I am really stronger than I thought that I was.
Speaking of changes, I did as the Prosthodontist suggested and left my mouth piece out all night... Well, when I tried to put it in this morning it wouldn't fit! I know he said that my mouth would change shape and all, but overnight, seriously?? I didn't realize that it would change that quick. So all I have eaten today were grapes, and it was uncomfortable for the grapes to touch the roof of my mouth. That is the fist experience I have had eating or drinking anything since the surgery without my mouth piece. It is still raw up there and sore and sensitive, so I am a little apprehensive about eating anything other than grapes, LOL! Maybe I should call the doc back soon to figure out what I should do...
ps can you believe that in 4 months I am going to be 24?! That means that I will be 30 in less than a decade. Can I really be that old already? sometimes I still feel 17!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful new profile photo! I love your hair!

HAPPY 6 Month-Old Birthday, Madi! She's so cute all bundled up!

I'm trying to psych myself up for summer again. It's still HOT in Branson, Missouri and we have snow on the mountains here.

I would feel my son Caleb literally bounce like a rubber ball in my womb and he hasn't stopped bouncing, flipping, diving, cartwheeling, somersaulting, jumping and lunging since shortly after he was born! Mothering is an endless chase! He's not passive and I THANK GOD for that! His name means bold and courageous and he lives his name!

I am learning to rest myself, Rebecca. Learning to rest in God is essential for hearing His voice and trusting Him in the darkness especially.

Call the doc! Take care of your body! You need it to keep going!

I still feel 17 and I am ten years older than you! :) Youth is in the mind! Don't grow old! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, that is an older picture. I just recently dyed my hair brown because it is so much work to keep up with the blonde... Yep, I am a curly sue for sure.

That is so funny, it was the same way with Madi. She started bouncing at 20 weeks gestation and still hasn't stopped!
Madi's name means Magnificent and High tower, so I am thinking that she is going to be a leader, she also doesn't seem passive (thank God!)

Thank you for all of the encouragement Rebekah!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, you are so precious you know that. You are so right when you say that you are stronger than you think.

Wow, really strong... it amazes me.

You're wonderful. Just remember that God has given us the Spirit of a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7

Love you.