Wednesday, May 20, 2009

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”

I saw this on a bumper sticker on the way to work this morning, and as I passes the car that the bumper sticker was attached to I glanced over and gave the guy a smile... He smiled back.

How simple is it to love? And yet so many people choose to hate, or be bitter, or angry for things that can easily be forgiven. Hate is a burden that so many people choose to bear!

On my way to and from work for the past week I have been listening to the book, "The Shack" on audio. Toward the middle of the book the words that are spoken become very 'meaty' and what I mean by that is that the words come with such power, and revelation, I find myself rewinding the audio and re-listening to it over again, sometimes multiple times, I have to chew on the words over and over like I would a piece of steak to be able to swallow it. If I could remember some quotes from the book I would post them here, but I can't, so I am going to buy the paper version of the book to hold onto as a keepsake and as a reference.

I am learning so much, and I have found myself growing closer to God while listening to this book. I am falling more in love with Gods character and who he is. I am grasping the love that he has for this world, the love that he has for me and I cannot help but smile inside, knowing that I have such a great Love coming from God... the Creator, of the world, and the creator of little ol' Me! His love is astounding, and I am discovering the true power of Love itself!

I am growing in Love, and I have been told that I am a loving person but as I am growing I am becoming more loving, and less judgemental and skeptical.

I am going to end this post with a wonderful quote, from a wonderful man whose love changed the world - and just remember if you love enough, your love will change the world too... 'I have decided to stick with Love ♥ Hate is too great a burden to bear.' Martin Luther King Jr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are very inspirational. I love what you have to say and always look forward to the Updates on Sean & April. Thank you for keeping us all informed and for your positive words.
Jennifer :)