Thursday, December 18, 2008

Overwhelmed

Thinking about everything right now is so overwhelming.

Court did not go near as well as I had anticipated, looking back I am reminded that expectations are never good, because you are setting yourself up for disappointment or failure. I think that more than anything I was disappointed in the judge. He hadn't even read our file before we presented our case (which for those of you who are unfamiliar with this kind of thing, it was not a good thing, we had to present to him the whole case. He really needed to read our affidavits to get all of the detail prior to our presentation). I will be speaking to my lawyer today though, to go over some things in regards to the case. A couple issues came up in court in regards to finances that I feel were completely unexpected, so I am concerned.

I was so exhausted after court [which Dan was more than 30 minutes late to, by the way. I thought for sure he was not going to show...] So, I took a nap once I got home, and I had horrible nightmares about losing Madi. It was devastating and for the first time, since I was young, I was pretty distraught when I woke up, I felt so overwhelmed and scared! The worst part was that she was with Dan, and I couldn't hold my baby... I am finding myself missing her more and more everyday, even when I have her!

Immediately I decided that with everything in me I am going to try and give this whole situation to God. Worrying is not going to help Madi or me one bit! I know that he is sovereign and that no matter what happens he will be by my side in support of me, which is so reassuring to know.
We have yet to hear the ruling from this Temporary hearing, so please, continue to pray that Gods will would be done.

Not only am I overwhelmed with grief and sorrow during this time but I am also overwhelmed with Gods love. Although, I am facing some tough times, I can see Gods hand in it all. I am sooo blessed by every ones prayers, their love, and their Support and concern. It feels me with great joy to know that both Madi and I are so loved by everyone that we are surrounded by!

Romans 8:37-38
No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.

ps on a very positive note, my mouth is feeling much better :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how you feel...

Melissa B. said...

Hey there, you Superior Scribbler, you! First of all, I'm not "spamming" you; I promise! Second of all, I'd like to introduce myself: I'm Melissa B., The Scholastic Scribe, & I'm the "Original" Superior Scribbler! Third thing on my mind: I've been nominated for a pretty prestigious blog award; I'd greatly appreciate your vote, so if you click on over to my place, you'll see the info. It's an annual award from EduBlog, and I'm up for Best Individual Blog. And 4th thing on today's agenda: I've got a cute "contest," of sorts, going on at my place every Sunday. Please come by this Sunday for the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. And, thanks for your support!

Unknown said...

‘May the Lord bless you
and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor
and give you his peace.’

Numbers 6:24-26 NLT

Thinking of you...praying for you...