Monday, February 2, 2009

Should I Forgive?

Acid destroys first the vessel in which it is contained... a forgiving heart makes for a happy person! I am glad that I am a forgiving person, I am much happier for it, and honestly I have no idea where I would be today if I hadn't forgave those who have hurt me.

The real question should be, 'Is it worth it not to forgive?'

“Vengeance is having a videotape planted in your soul that cannot be turned off. It plays the painful scene over and over again inside your mind... And each time it plays you feel the clap of pain again... Forgiving turns off the videotape of pained memory. Forgiving sets you free.”
Lewis B. Smedes

“Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.”
Lewis B. Smedes

No comments: