Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Little White Lie?

I think Not!

When I looked this Idiom up on thefreedictionary.com (a website I use pretty much daily) this was the definition: a small, usually harmless lie; a fib.

The key word here is
HARMLESS...
And I want to give you a FACT Check: NO lie is harmless.
Lies compromise our Integrity and by compromising our integrity we are compromising our healthy character, and who we are!

Integrity is defined as being complete; sound; whole; honest; Steadfast adherence to a moral or ethical code; the state of being unimpaired; being reliable and Fair. All of which are positive characteristics that help us through life, that do not hinder us. All of these things are what I want to be.

The opposite of integrity is: dishonesty; unreliability; violation of moral; incompleteness; brokenness... need I say more??

Every time you lie, even if it is a 'white lie' you are compromising who you are. You are chipping away your moral character, the very person that you are and what you stand for is being wavered. SO next time you contemplate lying think of who you want to be.

The only reason I am able to say this is because it has been something that has been a challenge in my life. I am aspiring to be a woman of integrity, because that is what I am called to be, who I WANT to be, and not only that when I have integrity I am much more comfortable in my own skin, knowing that I am living truthfully and honestly!

"A person is not given integrity. It results from the relentless pursuit of honesty at all times."

"Losers make promises they often break. Winners make commitments they always keep."

No comments: