Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Your outlook determines your LIFE

'It is so often true that whether a person carries with him an atmosphere of gloom and depression or one of confidence and courage depends on his individual outlook.' James Keller

Okay so maybe I go a little overboard when it comes to boundaries. I am "Zealous" is what they would say, but I am okay with it, because I would rather be zealous than naive!


But seriously, you know when you meet those people who are constantly dwelling on the negative and have a poor outlook on life in general... Well isn't it frustrating? It is for me! I just want to say to them, "why are you choosing to feel this way!?" all too often they don't realize that they themselves are choosing the life of gloom and doom for themselves, and it is so crippling. I am all to familiar with this because I myself am guilty of doing this...


I am being reminded right now as I watch my sisters family face a tragedy. The tragedy of the loss of a Fathers/Husbands ability to walk. They are also facing the loss of a home, loss of careers, and welcoming 2 more little ones to be additions in their lives; the lives that are filled with the unknown and that of instability. BUT they have such positive attitudes, and outlooks for their lives. They are looking forward with Faith, with Patience, and most of all: with Humble hearts, all the while not knowing what lies ahead of them. I am so proud of them for choosing to live in freedom, freedom from worry, Stress, and so many more negative emotions that could be suffocating their lives. Not to say that they are not overwhelmed at times, which I am sure they are. But they are choosing to focus on what is good. They are choosing to trust that God is in control. They are growing through this tragedy; growing closer to one another, to the Church, but most of all to our God, who is our strength, because without him we are truly weak. Their lives are going to change others lives, and will truly portray what an awesome God we serve, I am excited!! So extremely excited to see what God has in store for them, because I just know that it is going to be something great!


Please continue to pray for them!!

And Just remember when you feel like you have hit rock bottom, someone Else's' rock is lower than yours, so be thankful for what you have and remember that Your Life Is What You Make Of It!! Choose to keep a positive outlook and keep looking upward for the strength that God provides!

"I try to avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward." ~Charlotte Bronte

1 comment:

Amanda Stombaugh said...

So true, so true! I hope you don't mind, but I have linked to this post from my blog. Excellent insights, Becca! :)