Thursday, August 13, 2009

Stupid is a relative term...

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Are we really defined by our choices? Am I a stupid person because I am defined as making stupid decisions or acting stupid once in a while?? I would say that we are not defined by our choices... just because I may do stupid things doesn't make me a stupid person.

If we were defined by our 'stupid' actions I believe that we would ALL, yes ALL - meaning everyone - would be defined as being stupid. Look at the definition here:

stu·pid
play_w2("S0827600")
(stpd, sty-)
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

Can you think of anyone who hasn't been 'Stupid'?? Well, I can't... don't we all define stupid once in a while?

Just a thought, figured I would blog about what was on my crazy mind. I know, I am weird! what can I say... Maybe I define stupid once in awhile.

No comments: