Thursday, October 1, 2009

Peaceful Serenity

My body is tried, and my mind is cluttered with thoughts... As I live this thing that we call life, I feel exhausted! Maybe it is the lack of sleep or just maybe my list of To-do's. What I would really love at this very moment is to take some time away - for just me and God.

To be swept away in Gods arms and focus on only him and Me - what a thought...

I went for a run last night, and as you all know the weather is cooling outside. As I began my run, I didn't anticipate all that I experienced. The wind blowing through my hair, my body beginning to respond to movement, I felt alive - surrounded by Gods beauty. The trees changing color, the sound of all of the wildlife around me. My mind cleared and as I focused on pushing my body further I felt exhilarated, and I felt Gods presence... It was, for lack of a better word, amazing.

As my run came to an end and I began to approach my house, a part of me didn't want it to end - although my body and lungs were telling me otherwise - I loved the feeling of a peaceful solitude, something that I don't know that I had ever experienced before. Maybe I am growing up and becoming my own, becoming independant or hopefully more confident to be by myself and not have the need to be surrounded by chaos. Alone-ness is underrated!

I look forward to continuing my small beautiful moments with God as Autumn blossoms...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I totally understand...now that I am older I have been taking time out for God and having quiet peaceful times and it is AMAZING!! I used to always need to be on the go and around people...things have been changing and now I love alone time :) I love you Becca!!

Jenn said...

re: your comment, thanks so much! I am thrilled I inspired you to start running again... that's fantastic. <3 (blush)

~Jenn (Ex Hot Girl)